Friday, July 25, 2008

Fudgy Peanut Butter Pie--Yummy!!

Ok, so this recipe is from the Sorrento website http://www.sorrentocheese.com/ideas/recipes.html
and it is absolutly the best thing you will ever taste in your entire life!!! I have made it several times and decided it is to good to keep to myself. Enjoy...

Crust:
1 prepared 8" graham cracker crust
6 oz. milk chocolate chips, melted

Filling:
3 tbsp. butter, room temperature
1/2 cups smooth peanut butter
¼ cup plus 2 tbsp. sugar
¾ cup Whole Milk or Part Skim Ricotta Cheese
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 tbsp. sugar
½ tsp. vanilla extract
PreparationCrust:
With rubber spatula, smooth 2/3 of melted chocolate mixture over bottom of crust and up the sides about ½". Save rest for top. Put crust in freezer while making the filling.
Filling:
With electric mixer, mix butter, peanut butter and sugar for 2 minutes at medium speed until smooth. Add ricotta and mix for 1 minute on medium. In separate bowl, whip cream with sugar and vanilla until it holds a soft peak. Gently fold cream into peanut butter mixture making sure to incorporate all of the cream. Spoon filling into prepared shell and refrigerate for 1-2 hours. With fork drizzle remaining melted chocolate chips over top and serve.


Here is a pic.
Hmmm, I am gonna go have a piece!

3 comments:

Chris and Tara said...

Sounds yummy. How did your Court of Fire go, Master?

jamirodana said...

Oh my word! I didn't even read this post. I have a tire around my waist. It does not need any more inflating so I will not read this post!!!!!
I did briefly see the picture though!

Tiffany said...

Tammi I didn't know you joined the blogging world. Then again- maybe I did... I don't REMEMBER anything lately. Hopefully my memory comes back soon! That pie sounds and looks delicious